Outstanding Black Men in Canada nominations are now open! Make sure to nominate a man having impact at work, at home and in the community.
SHIFTER launched its first annual Outstanding Black Men in Canada list in 2020, inspired by the murders of George Floyd and Toronto rapper Houdini, the many Canadian Black men who took to social media to express their sadness, and the resulting sense of brotherhood among Black men.
After taking a break in 2021, we are back with our 2022 list, celebrating the sons, fathers, leaders, and entrepreneurs who are having an impact at home, at work, and in the community.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Nominators are invited to nominate deserving men from across Canada
- Nominators can be based anywhere in the world
- Self-nominations are welcomed
- The more detailed the application, the greater your nominee’s chances
- The long list of nominees will be shortened by SHIFTER’s editorial team based on the strength of the nomination
- The short list will then be voted on by our jury
- Voting closes on September 1
- Winners will be announced in mid-September
Click here to check out our 2020 Outstanding Black Men in Canada list. and stay tuned as we launch our first annual Outstanding Black Women in Canada list later this year.
To submit a nomination, click here or fill out of the form below.